PS About shop portfolio

12.23.2011

On Lip Care...

I recently decided to buy myself my very first lipstick. Yes, it's true, before this I have never owned my very own lipstick. I've considered it before, but have been far too overwhelmed by all of the options! Which, let's be honest, there are SO many. I spent a good hour (or maybe more) trying to decide on one. I left with the perfect shade. I figured some of you might find yourself in a similar predicament so I thought I'd help you; not that I'm any expert. So here we go.

Picking the perfect shade. I have heard that when picking your shade you should stick with a color that best matches the current color of your lips. Lipstick should enhance your natural features, otherwise you can look a bit clownish, yep, I went there. It's fun to experiment with different shades, but I really think less is more. And if you are going to go with a bold shade, you should go pretty neutral on everything else. Also, I heard you should stick your tongue out and match the color to your tongue, which is silly, but could work, maybe? Let me know on that one!

I know everyone may not like lipstick and that's okay. So I thought I would share all of my current lip obsessions as well.  Something for everyone! Here are a list of my favorites

For Color...
I went with L'oreal, for two reasons. One, it's L'oreal, everyone knows that name so I was pretty sure it wasn't going to freak my lips out or make them fall off. Two, they had a ton of different shades and types. I picked from their Color Riche section and chose Cinnamon Toast; it's the perfect shade of mauve, red and brown. I kind of love it.


I also use a lip conditioner by Maybelline called Baby Lips; which is a strange name I'll admit, but it's just great! It comes in several different shades also! I chose it in Cherry. It provides lip moisture and adds a nice tint. This is great when I know my lip needs color, but I don't want to feel all fancy with my lipstick. Because lipstick makes me feel fancy. Cause I'm nine.


One of my absolute favorites is the Just Bitten Collection by Revlon. I wear this most days. It's great because one end is the lipstain and the other is the balm. Perfection. My go to color is Forbidden.


For Softness...
I use Rose Lip Balm religiously. It is like magic. My lips can be a bit finicky when it comes to chapsticks, but this one makes them oh so happy. I love that it leaves kind of a gloss and a pretty pink tint. The smell is quite nice too. I just put some on while I was writing this and yes, I stand by everything I just wrote ^_^


For Gloss
Buxom Lipgloss is the way to go! I have used this gloss for about 5 years now and though I have strayed a time or two, I always come back to it. It's a lip plumper, it smells delightful, the color is perfection and you need it. There, I said it!  I use Dolly and I think it's the most popular color because they seem to always be sold out of it. And by they I mean Ulta, Sephora, and Bare Minerals cause all three carry it. I'm not kidding, you need to go buy this and then come write a comment thanking me for the suggestion. I love it that much. There I'm done.



For Plumping...
As I said, Buxom lipgloss is also a plumper, but the ultimate plumper is by Du Wop and it's called Lip Venom. This junk will make your lips feel insane. I don't know how to describe it without freaking you out a little, but the first time you use it, you will feel odd, I promise though, it works and you will probably become addicted to it. So you're welcome.



Is it weird that I have all of these in my purse? I just really hate dry or pale lips. Hope this was helpful. If you all have any suggestions I'd love to hear them! Thanks so much!


xo.
Melisa

7 comments:

  1. I still do not own lip stick either ha, or dare I admit it... lip gloss. BUT I have been thinking about it! This encouraged me, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you tips, I've been wanting some of those baby lips, I think I might actually buy some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a brat when it comes to lipsticks. I love LANCOME because it doesn't require moisturizing. It seriously feels like satin. Chanel also has great lipglosses and lipsticks that make your lips feel like butter is wrapped around them.

    I am in 100% agreement with your gloss selection. I haven't used lip venom since highschool but I was extremely addicted and will be going out to buy that soon and very soon. :).

    BUXOM is a life saver. I use samantha. She has that pale glossy look that I adore for some reason. But I may venture out next paycheck and check out your girl ;).


    Loved this review and I want to try that stain/lipbalm. I love a good color on my lips but no smudging along with moisture is hard to find in a stain.


    oh and I am a new follower and your gorgeous and I adore the blog layout and accent colors!


    ♥CheChe

    blessings!

    http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm bad, I always just buy lip stuff impulsively, wear it for a week or so, and then never touch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! God bless you! xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So crazy... I bought my first lipstick ever last week too! And I bought L'oreal also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about lipsticks, I own one and never wear it cause it feels too fancy and strange on.. Im glad to see someones opinion on baby lips though, I wanted to buy it but didn't know if it was good or not! :) PS: I just found your blog and really like it :)

    ReplyDelete