PS About shop portfolio

1.03.2012

Meet Mindy!

I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine, Miss Mindy of Marigold Road! She runs a blog and shop and was recently a sponsor of Pie N' the Sky. Lets say hi!



Tell us a little bit about yourself...
I'm Mindy, bride to my high school sweetheart, and mother to Wilder & Story. I launched my blog 4 years ago to chronicle my first pregnancy. Now I love to inspire a sense of self-worth and motivation in women, through writing from my heart, and presenting my motherhood journey in real and applicable ways, whilst including baking/craftiness for the visually inspired. My Etsy shop offers handmade wool felt headbands, hoop art, yarn wreaths, and jewelry, most of which incorporate vintage materials, and are crafted in the wee hours of the night. You can also shop there for kitschy mid-century vintage decor & housewares. 

What made you decide to open your blog/shop? 
I opened my Etsy once I realized my collection of mid-century housewares was too hefty for the confines of our home. Plus it gave me another excuse to keep estate saleing. I've added handmade goodies to the shop...creating into the late into the night is just a blast, and gives me something else to be proud of besides wife/mom.

What are your favorite things to blog about? Any favorite posts? 
My favorite things to blog about are other blogs/shops. I'll do anything to help a new shop/blog that is trying to get her name out. I know what that's like. I'm still in that phase. Also, I have a section titled "Perspective" that has deeper stuff in it... I really loved this post I wrote about mommyhood.

What are some of your favorite things to make for your shop? 
Yarn wreaths and hippie headbands!

What do you like to do when you're not crafting or blogging? 
Run around the track at the gym, eat dessert, bake with the kiddos, watch MadMen with Shawn

What are some of your favorite blog reads? 
Casey Leigh, A Beautiful Mess, Under the Sycamore, Whatever

If you had three wishes, what would they be? 
For my children's college education to be paid for, for all to have a relationship with God, to be thin

Where do you draw your inspiration from? 
My children, nature, Pinterest, my husband, other blogs

Blog // Facebook // Twitter // Etsy // Pinterest


xo.
Melisa

1 comment:

  1. thanks for having me, melisa! it looks great.

    ReplyDelete