PS About shop portfolio

9.24.2012

Simplify: le room
















one // I love waking up to photos and things crafted by my own two hands. I will always love that photo of me and the mr. I'm thinking it's time to add a few new photos though. Learn how to make those flowers here.

two // I've enjoyed putting my hands to embroidery and cross stitch; soon I'll be adding some to the shop! I love the simplicity of these little pieces; they're my little treasures.

three // placing little sweet notes from my family and friends is my favorite. It's good to remind yourself that you are indeed loved.

four // one of my favorite Liberty of London pieces; one day I'd love to pass it along to my little girl. I've been collecting doilies for the last 3 years. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but I look forward to the future project and all the memories it will hold of special thrifting outings!

five // journals and books will always stay. I just detest getting rid of journals or books; they're just so... special! let's see how many times I can say that word, ha!

six & seven // perfumes are a slight obsession. I associate certain times in my life with different scents - they say it's the one sense that can bring back a memory the fastest. So I like to think of them as bottles of sweet memories past and some not yet made^_^

eight // I love having white space; it's all part of the declutter!

nine // love love this print that the mr got me for my birthday.

ten // the cutest purse ever that Adrienne gifted me.

eleven // transition pieces that still need to find a place to settle. I only have so much room!

twelve // I will always love baby's breath; it's so whimsical and pretty.

thirteen // jewelry and sunnies on collected and thrifted plates. I've been collecting plates for a few years now. Not sure what I'm saving them up for, but I love the idea of each one having it's own story.

fourteen // bringing out my balls of yarn. Fall means knitting and these colors are just perfection.


My space is slowly but surely coming along. These are just peeks; hope you enjoyed. Have you begun to simplify? If so, how is your space looking?? I'd love to see your progress, feel free to leave a link below!


xo. melisa

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the balls of yarn! So pretty!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. photos are perfect.. each has its own story to tell..:)
    xo sabbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that was inspiring, I'm in the process of moving and definitely will use this post as some inspiration for my new bedroom! Love your posts, stay cute as ever :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will also take some inspiration from those beautiful photos :-) You are really creative.

    ReplyDelete